Sunday, August 22, 2010

MARS - Taiwainese Drama



Mars is the first Asian drama I could watch completely through. Since I watched this I have been able to watch many others. I watched this years ago but I still think it's one of the best stories of any Asian drama. I think that Taiwanese and Korean dramas are usually the best. This story has been done in Japanese too, but after watching the Taiwanese version I didn't see a need to watch any other. It makes sense that it would be made in japan the story is based on a Japanese Manga.

Mars is like most of these stories. Trouble guy with a dark history. In most of these stories mothers are either a very great influence on a child or very negative. In this case negative. Also the lead character, Ling or Zero, once had a twin and because of tragedy that bond is broken and he blames himself.
The opposite is true for the lead girl who father is a negative influence on her development. The two of them find each other. And the story starts. It also has the typical bad boy but sensitive motif that many of these stories follow.
And for those types that need such things(I'm one), it has some cool motorcycle races and stunt crashes too.

I think what made this story watchable for me was that it is very dark at times. The reason I say that is stories before this one that I attempted to watch were just to silly, sad, or "romantic". This one has those things but the darkness of it brings a balance.

I think if it's your first time attempting to watch a asian drama you can't go wrong with Mars. I think I watched this on Crunchyroll.com. Crunchyroll is the place to go to watch anything and all things of Asian entertainment.


This is the theme song. By Alan Kuo. It's badass took forever to find this song to put on my Ipod.
This video gives a pretty good run through the various stories of Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment