Thursday, October 19, 2017

HIGHLANDER the SERIES

Highlander the series is a show that has had a great deal of an effect on my personality. I LOVED THIS SHOW. Absolutely loved this show. I think I've seen most of the episodes five to ten times. This show is one of my top ten favorite shows of all time. I was watching the series again a couple years back and still found episodes I had not seen. Which was a great. This is the show that made me really love the Highlander series. The movies were good but nothing close to how in-depth the show could be. If they make another Highlander series, maybe on Netflix. I'm all in.
This show helped me to understand what honor really is. One of the things about Duncan Mcleod that I liked was he had all these years of experience, that he actually learned from. Duncan had a code of justice that he lived by but many times you found yourself, as the audience member, seeing both side and not sure if Duncan justice was always the right way or the more righteous.
I have gotten ahead of myself. For those that don't know this series or the Highlander franchise, the story goes like this. There are Immortals among us. They can only be killed if you cut there heads off releasing "the Quickening". When an immortal is killed the closet to them, usually their killer absorbs their quickening gaining all their power. In the end, "there can be only one. May it be Duncan Mcleod the Highlander". When the show begins Duncan is four hundred years old. You soon learn there are immortals that are far older.
If you like history, sword fighting, some philosophy, and interesting characters give this show a try. Writing this has made me want to watch a few episodes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment